Rummage This Blog

Thursday 15 January 2015

Sharing: Golden Rose has reached our shores! Part 1

Woohoo! The third week of 2015! How has 2015 been treating you so far? I am jam-packed with worksheet preparation for my classes. Have to quickly find a way that saves time! 

Last month, I was invited by Joanne from Golden Rose Malaysia for a private viewing and testing of their new and upcoming make-up line from Turkey. Can I hear a WOOP WOOP from my Muslim readers?! :D 

I'm excited for you guys! Most of my close friends are Muslims and I can now confidently share awesome products with them. I love helping them look their best with minimal makeup, looking fresh and professional enough for work. To be honest, there aren't many halal products in the Malaysian market which is pretty disappointing. With that problem identified, CC Beauty Avenue decided to bring in Golden Rose to our Malaysian shores. No more Halal woes! 

As I was typing the post out, I realized that it was going to be a super lengthy one. Hence, for friendly-viewing purposes I divided this post into 3 parts. 
  • Part 1 (Lips and Concealer Collection)
  • Part 2 (Eyes Collection)
  • Part 3 (Face and Nails Collection)

Who is Golden Rose?

Golden Rose has been around for 30 years in the European countries and they are one of the biggest few colour cosmetics manufacturer today with their very own production factory. According to a source, they are now available in more than 90 countries worldwide. Their products are basically 90% manufactured in Turkey, 10% from other Europe countries like Germany, C.Republic, etc. Hence, this brand is a much more safer option than products from China (pasar malam 'inspired/replica' branded makeup, I'm looking at you!).

Golden Rose is registered under their sister company, CC BEAUTY AVENUE, and they are the exclusive distributor in Malaysia. The products will be available in retail outlets by March/April 2015 and be rest assured they will be screened and approved by our Malaysian Health Ministry. 

For more information about the brand, you can read up here:

http://goldenrose.com.my/- prelaunching products only

Do show them some love by following them on :

Instagram : @goldenrosemalaysia

Lips Collection

Before we begin, I dare say I'll let the swatches do the talking. Their lipstick collection consists of breath-taking shades and amazing quality. The cherry on top of the cake, is their affordable pricing. So far, on their website they only have the Golden Rose Velvet Matte Lipstick but fret not, I'm sure there will be more selection coming soon this March/April 2015! The Velvet Matte Lipstick swatched beautifully with no tugging whatsoever. It glided on smoothly and required only one swipe to achieve full opacity. 

Golden Rose lipstick collection consists of :
  • Ultra Rich Color Lipstick 
  • Golden Rose Lipstick 
  • Golden Rose Perfect Shine Lipstick 
  • Golden Rose 2000 Lipstick
  • Golden Rose Velvet Matte Lipstick
  • GR Vision Lipstick 
  • Golden Rose Ultra Diamonds Lipstick (not available in the picture)

I have listed them according to the picture below from top left to bottom right.
Some random swatches of the lipsticks above.
The entire range of Golden Rose Velvet Matte Lipstick. The variety of shades is simply mind-blowing!
There's something for everyone. 
Golden Rose Velvet Matte Lipstick swatches. Close to colour as much as possible.

Here I have two out of three lip pencils from Golden Rose, which are Golden Rose Dream Lips Lipliner and Golden Rose Waterproof Lipliner Pencil.  I am in love with the shades here. The third picture shows what's left of the lipliners after I have used a baby wet wipe to rub them off. They did not give in easily as I did rub hard. They really do stay and that's a good thing! The lipliners glided on smoothly without any hiccups and I personally love the Golden Rose Waterproof Lipliner Pencil because of its retractable feature. After years of using makeup, retractable pencils are my go-to items because it does not require sharpening to use them. 


Here are the two types of concealers from Golden Rose - Golden Rose Stick Concealer and Golden Rose Liquid Concealer. Golden Rose Stick Concealer's packaging strongly reminds me of Physicians Formula's Stick Concealer I once had. It is shaped like a lipstick and you'll need to twist up the product to use. The shade here is Shade 04 and I am very much aware with the fact that it is appears almost white and seem impossible to use. I had a mini heart-attack when I swatched it. I'm guessing this Shade 04 would be great for highlighting or contouring purposes unless you have a porcelain white skintone.

Whereas for the Golden Rose Liquid Concealer, it's application strongly reminds me of Loreal Paris Magic Lumi Highlighter Concealer Pen that I have. I love it's smooth, hydrating texture and forsee that this would be an excellent undereye concealer for non-serious dark circles. I'm personally looking out for this concealer when it hits the shelves because with my upcoming classes (yesh, I'll be pursuing my Masters this coming February!) I'm gonna need serious pick-me ups to look more human and less like a dead duck (no offense, Daffy.). 

If I were to compare it to the famous YSL Touche Eclat Concealer, I am not sure because I don't have one yet (#wishlist) but will let you know if this is a dupe! In addition to that, it's transparent plastic packaging reminds me more of ELF Essential Hypershine Lipgloss minus the brush applicator. Yes, when you use alot of products you'll realize that a lot of cosmetics have the same or similiar packaging. 

Now for the lipglosses! Here I have Golden Rose Luxury Lip Color Lipgloss, Golden Rose Color Sensation Lipgloss, and Golden Rose Ultimate Color Lipgloss. There are actually 10 types of lipgloss in GR's collection. TEN!! SEPULUH!! (O - O)''' That's alot. So, calling all lipgloss fiends! If you are looking to expand your lipgloss collection, go ahead and tweet/FB Golden Rose Malaysia and they might, I repeat, MIGHT hear your cravings out ;)

Because I love my readers, I shall list them down here :
  • Golden Rose Luxury Lip Color Lipgloss
  • Golden Rose Color Sensation Lipgloss *NEW*
  • Golden Rose Ultimate Color Lipgloss
  • Golden Rose Pearl Gloss Lipgloss
  • Golden Rose Shimmer Gloss Lipgloss
  • Golden Rose Beauty Ultra Diamonds Volume Lipgloss - that's a mouthful.
  • Golden Rose Beauty Ultra Shine Volume Lipgloss
  • Golden Rose Beauty Multicolor Diamonds Lipgloss
  • Golden Rose Ultra Brilliant Tube Lipgloss
  • Golden Rose Fruit Roll On Lipgloss
*phew* 

The Golden Rose Luxury Lip Color Lipgloss's packaging strongly resembles Makeup Revolution's Wow Lipgloss but texture-wise I am not sure as I don't own any MR Wow Lipgloss at the moment. I didn't find it sticky and it applied pretty well. I love the fact that it is pigmented for a lipgloss and personally, I cannot stand sheer lip products unless it states lipbalm or a clear/transparent lipgloss. I'm weird that way. For me, lip products besides lip balm or clear lipgloss should be pigmented enough to be seen when worn on the lips. Yeah, I think it's just me. 

Anyway, this Golden Rose Luxury Lip Color Lipgloss in shade 09 had me at hello. I fell in love immediately when I swatched it. Yep, swatch at first sight. The color is just right for anyone who wants color but not come off too strong. It gives that youthful, sweet, and happy vibe everytime I see it. Ah, can't wait to own you, little one! I won't be talking about the other two lipglosses as I can't remember much about them. I'll let the swatches do the talking. 

Well, that's all for Part 1. See you in Part 2! :D 

Thanks for reading!

Love,
Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment