Rummage This Blog

Thursday 21 August 2014

Review: Maybelline Color Show Lipstick in 402 Plum-Tastic and 105 Pinkalicious


I have seen this product earlier this year on Luxola. It was launched alongside with its Color Show nail polishes and eyeliners. Purchasing lipsticks online can be quite a challenge and I wasn't ready to part my hard-earned cash for a shade that might not suit me. But I did caved in and purchase two of their nail polishes during Chinese New Year - Sweet Sunshine and Downtown Red. Shall talk about it soon. Let's not divert our attention from these new offerings from Maybelline, shall we? 


As you can see, the packaging is very simple. Black plastic body with a jelly-like colour strip in the middle as an indicator to show which family colour tree these lipsticks are from. Maybelline's new Color Show line contains four catergories of shades to complement all skintones. Well done, Maybelline! 


  • 5 Classic Reds - Red My Lips, Cherry on Top,  Red Siren,  Red Diva, Downtown Road
  • 7 Perfect Pinks - Crushed Candy, Pink Avenue, Party Pink, Pinkalicious, Pink Please, Pink Punch and Pink Paradise
  • 5 Noble Nudes - Coral Culture, Chic Peach, True Toffee, Nude Mocha and Disco Coral
  • 3 Proactive Plums - Plum Perfect, Sweet Orchid and Plum-tastic 

Shade indicator are at the bottom.
Here, I have Maybelline Color Show in 402 Plum-Tastic and Maybelline Color Show in 105 Pinkalicious. I purchased Plum-Tastic first to test it out and I was quite blown away with its application. It applied on very smoothly and required no lipbalm which I usually put on first before topping it with a lipstick. A month later, I purchased Pinkalicious and again, I was not disappointed with the shade. I found it wearable but my boyfriend thinks its tad bit too glamarous for daily wear. Hmm.

Pretty lipsticks!
I love the jelly-like ring in the middle of the lipstick!
Each lipstick contains 3.9g of product and I personally find it a perfect size for a lipstick. I could easily carry this around in my makeup pouch without taking up so much space. It retails at RM17+ or RM16+ and available at all Watsons outlets, making it affordable and accessible to everyone. Students, now there is no reason for you to NOT look presentable during presentations or conferences! Without a doubt, substance is essential but you would like to score first impressions too, yes?

Swatches for both lipsticks
Close-up pictures of the swatches
The wear-time for these lipsticks is about 4-5 hours without eating or drinking. Another thing to note is the fruity/floral scent which I can't place a finger on it. For me, the scent does not bother me and it smells quite lovely. But if you are sensitive or particular about products with scent, then this may not be the product for you. 

In comparison with Pinkalicious, Plum-Tastic looks less creamy and has a slight frosty sheen. But don't be fooled by the swatch. Look at the lip swatches below, both lipsticks applied on smoothly without any patchiness and it did not amplify any imperfections on my lips. Instead, it made my lips look plump and moisturized. I love these lipsticks!


Left : Bare lips without lipbalm
Right : Wearing Maybelline Color Show Lipstick in 402 Plum-Tastic without lipbalm
Left : Bare lipst without lip balm
Right : Wearing Maybelline Color Show Lipstick in 105 Pinkalicious
You can purchase these lipsticks from local Watsons outlets if its available in your location or you can purchase them from Luxola as they provide free shipping for purchases above RM40! YAY! 

Pros 
  • Affordable 
  • Easily accessible
  • Moisturizing 
  • Easy and fast application (no need for lip brushes) 
  • Long-wearing 
  • Compact, perfect size for a lipstick
Cons 
  • Fruity/floral scent (I'm not bothered about it) 
  • Can't think of any at the moment.
So, what do you think? 
Have you tested out these lipsticks yet?
Would love to hear from you in the comment box below <3 

Thank you for reading!

Love,
Sarah :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment